Spring Pool Maintenance, March/2017
Thankfully the Winter is over! Time to get your pool ready for summer.
There are many things you can do early in the season to help prevent down time in the summer. Our pool season is so short that you want to make the most of it while it’s here. By ensuring the following tasks are completed, you can help prevent a costly or time consuming repair in the summer
- Inspect the pump equipment and filter. If the motor is getting a little loud, you may want to replace the motor (or pump) as soon as possible.
- Have your pool heater inspected and cleaned. This will help prevent any problems when it comes time to use in the summer.
- Run a filter cleaner through your system to help break down and dirt or debris that may be trapped int the filter. Give it a healthy backwash and rinse to help improve water circulation.
- A healthy brushing of the pool floor and walls will also help improve the look of your pool.
- Keep an eye on your water level and determine if it is dropping at all. The last thing you want to deal with in the middle of a summer is a bad pool leak!
- Clean out all baskets in your skimmer(s) and pump(s) to help improve circulation
- Test and balance the chemicals into their ideal range. A healthy shocking of the pool is a great idea!
Following these simple steps will go along way in ensuring your pool will be ready to use and last the summer without any interruptions. If you’d like us to do the work, please give us a call!